Chocolate box - Poem

 

I’ll take the dews on the morning leaves
And drop them on my eyes
And look at myself as they trickle down
As if with genuineness the crocodile cries.
When the lachrymose glands fail,
Before the contents of my heart fade,
I’ll put all my sorrows into a chocolate box
And gift it to all my friends.

I’ll take the fire that lights the cave
And swallow it whole
And carefully spit out the flames
Like a pitiful dragon with a flickering core.
When the adrenaline fails
Before the contents of my smoke fade
I’ll put my anger on a charcoal grill
For all of you to see.

I’ll take the clouds filled with humid ambiguity
And put it in my brain
And feel it run against my skull
And feel something, anything, without vain.
When my rationality fails,
Before my inner vision fades,
I’ll take my doubts out of my head
And hope to share it with you.

---------------------------------------

Sometimes people fake emotions and vulnerability, sometimes for attention, but also, sometimes they may actually be vulnerable in ways that they themselves cannot comprehend.

This poem was something I wrote on this topic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do we let them take it easy? - My writeup concerning the exposure of CBSE's flaws.

The Dunning-Kruger Effect: The learning Curve

Breaking the Social Norms for the Aged